Monday, July 25, 2011

Giddyup! Ow!

I've GOT to stop thinking that I'm in my 20s with toddlers again! My mind is still there, but my body will not cooperate with my bent toward thinking up creative things to do with a two year old. 

Katie Lynn is in a climbing stage and sees a step stool as a free ticket to discover things that have previously been out of reach for her. Next to carrying around her lovey, Larry the Lamb, the most common thing to see her carrying around the house is a small step stool. When you see her pass by with it, you'd better follow her!

Climbing not only includes sofas, coffee tables, beds and being able to stick her hand in the table water fountain. It also includes climbing on people! She loves to have someone lay on the floor so that she can climb all over you and hopefully end up in a good round of tickling. She also loves having someone get on their hands and knees so that she can pretend she is on a horse. This is all well and good. But last week, as I was in the "horsey" position on the floor, Katie Lynn asked me to "giddyup". This is when my body should have screamed at my brain, "Are you kidding???? Don't even think about it!" The next day, I could barely get out up out of my chair and walk without limping! Scratch "horsey rides" off my list. Good thing I already had an appointment with my chiropractor tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment