Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Special Gift

It never gets old. It never ceases to amaze me. The birth of a new child.

This week, we were given the privilege to see our first grandson come into the world and begin his journey here. My thoughts once again turn to how something so complicated, so intricate and amazing can be created in just 9 months. (I'm sure my daughter-in-law would challenge my thinking that this is a "short" amount of time!) And then...in one day, that child emerges from a watery world into one filled only with air...and he BREATHES, and he hears, and he feels, he sees, and he eats. What a miracle to behold! What a reminder that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made". Welcome, little Matthew!


For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well. 
My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place, 
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! 
How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, 
they would outnumber the grains of sand— 
when I awake, I am still with you.
- Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment